Home News Fixtures Tables Squad Commercial Info History Shop Under 20s
To Be Confirmed

Coleraine Match Preview

Uploaded Friday, 2nd Aug, 2019 at 20:49

Date: Friday, 2nd August, 2019; Competition: Friendly; Attendance: N/A;
Dervock [0] [1]
Ballymena United [4] [9]
Venue: Paddy's Park; Kick-Off: 19:30;
[0-1] McGINTY, Shane (6 mins), [0-2] MAYSE, Ryan (11 mins), [0-3] LAVERY, Ross (29 mins), [0-4] ADDIS, Jonathan (41 mins), [0-5] HARPUR, Ryan (46 mins), [0-6] HARPUR, Ryan (60 mins), [0-7] FRIEL, Cathair (63 mins), [0-8] FRIEL, Cathair (68 mins), [1-8] Unconfirmed (83 mins), [1-9] KANE, Tony (86 mins)

BALLYMENA United won their last pre-season game before the Danske Bank Premiership starts, defeating Dervock 9-1 at Paddy's Park.
The game was just 6 minutes old when Shane McGinty sent a right foot shot from outside the box into the back of the net to put United in the lead.
5 minutes later it was Ryan Mayse who dribbled in the left and fired low into the goal at the near post, doubling the lead.
With 18 minutes on the clock McGinty had to be taken off injured after a nasty challenge, Steven McCullough coming on to replace him. Just before the half-hour mark Tony Kane played a superb ball through to Ross Lavery who latched onto it to make it 3-0.
The score would be 4-0 to the Sky Blues at half-time after Scot Whiteside nodded Kane's cross back across the goal for Jonathan Addis to head home.
Ross Glendinning, Kofi Balmer, Jim Ervin and Joshua Kelly came on to replace Jordan Williamson, Addis, Whiteside and Leroy Millar during the short break in play.
No sooner had the second half got underway than Mayse forced a good save from the Dervock keeper but Ryan Harpur reacted quickest to make it 5-0.
Moments later the Dervock keeper was injured and it was Ballymena United's first half keeper Jordoan Williamson who jumped into nets to take his place. Right on the hour mark Ryan Harpur grabbed his second of the game, nodding home from an Andrew McGrory cross.
With another 3 minutes on the clock McCullough played Cathair Friel through and he chipped the ball over Williamson to make it 7-0. Friel grabbed another 5 minutes later after a great cross from Mayse.
Dervock did manage to get a consolation goal in the 83rd minute of the game with their number 11 lobbing Glendinning to make it 8-1.
The game would finish 9-1 to the visitors, a fantastic 25 yard shot from Tony Kane flying into the top corner of the net.
The Danske Bank Premiership gets underway next weekend and Ballymena United travel to Stangmore Park to play Dungannon Swifts, kicking off at 3:00pm.
Match Report by Paul Irwin
Ballymena United Team:
Jordan Williamson ( Ross Glendinning 46), Scot Whiteside ( Jim Ervin 46), Jonathan Addis ( Kofi Balmer 46), Tony Kane, Andrew McGrory, Ross Lavery, Ryan Harpur, Ryan Mayse, Leroy Millar ( Joshua Kelly 46), Shane McGinty ( Steven McCullough 18), Cathair Friel.